Wednesday 3 April 2013

Something or nothing?

Last night I took my daughter to the cinema. It is a little father/daughter thing that we do most school holidays. I have been through the years of watching "kids" and "girls" films, but now we have more common interests. We both enjoyed "The Hangover" and will be going to "Oblivion". She loved "Avatar" and last night we saw "GI Joe - Retaliation".

Now I am pretty sure almost everything in these films is placed for a reason so I was curious when I saw what I took to be an I-Ching hexagram on the shoulder and sword of Snake Eyes, a masked and silent modern ninja warrior.


I wondered if it was just decoration or had hidden meaning. My research shows the Hexagram to be:

I Ching Hexagram: 63
Name: Chi Chi.
Keyphrase: After completion.
Formed By The Trigrams: Water over Fire.

General: Every triumph brings new challenges.
Love: Your relationship will move into a deeper phase.
Business: Celebrate your achievements but be sure to consolidate your success.
Personal: Celebrate your success and make plans for entering a new phase of your life.

Overview: Chi Chi relates to successful completion and what comes next. It is now a time that you have achieved great success and have every right to celebrate. Chi Chi reminds you though, that all things change and that you need to be alert for anything that will undermine your current success. Avoid becoming complacent, or arrogant. If you want your success to endure you must immediately take steps to consolidate it. It is important for you to realize that this is the conclusion of a chapter in your life. A new chapter awaits.

This is taken from www.psychic-revelation.com

Further googling brought me to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arashikage) and tells me that this hexagram is the clan symbol of the Arashikage, a clan of shadowy assassins.

Well I am a little wiser now and must say I do enjoy spotting the unexepcted and then understanding is meaning or significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.