Wednesday 1 February 2012

My Near Perfect Mobile Phone - My Improved Samsung Galaxy SII

 When I upgraded to my Samsung Galaxy SII last year I was initially very impressed, but over the months a few niggles crept in.

  1. The phone felt too light and slight in my big hands - I am 6'3" with hands to match
  2. A number of times the battery did not last a normal working day before expiring
  3. I struggled to find a case (preferably with a belt clip) that I liked for it.
  4. There was something indefinable about the firmware that just missed perfection for me.
Despite this I like the big screen and it has proved an able smart phone supporting my work and home life.

Well now with a few tweaks I reckon I am as close to perfection as I am likely to get.

I have upgraded to Android 2.3.5 which as well as being better cames with a slightly funky, but easier on the eye font called "Choco cooky".


I also bought a replacement battery. This one was just under £10 from Amazon and claims to have 3,500 mAh, almost three times the standard battery. I am not sure how long it lasts in truth, but am now confident that it will last my day.




This battery is necessarily fatter than the norm and needs a different back. The back fits well and adds some "chunk" to the phone without making it heavy. The design also leaves a "step" at the bottom that rests quite neatly on my little finger when in use. All in all it feels better.

The last this was that with the bigger battery and fatter back the standard cases don't fit. Luckily I chanced upon a CaseLogic one in Tkmaxx for less than £6. This has a rotating belt clip.

So now I think I have the near perfect mobile phone, well for me at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.