Friday 17 February 2012

Karma - an investment in the future?

As I approached my train station heading home, I was stopped by a young woman, probably not much older than my daughter, who was clearly angry and in tears. I decided to give her a few moments to hear what she had to say. It appears that she was trying to get home and for whatever reason did not have enough money for the fare.

She said she needed GBP2 on top of a handful of change she already had.

Now, while I will often buy The BIG Issue and help those helping themselves, I do not respond to blatant begging. In this instance I decided that her distress was genuine and gave her the money.

It is true that I may have been duped, but she did take off with purpose in the right direction so I think not; either way I gave her the benefit of the doubt.

In return I hope that the Universe will find help for my daughter should she ever find herself away from home without money or immediate help. To me that is Karma and an investment in the future.

I follow the same philosophy in my personal and professional world too. If I see work opportunities for friends I will pass them on. If I can reasonably help a friend in other ways I will. I have seen returns with other different friends providing me with help and assitance.

It does seem that in general and unpredictably what goes around, comes around and long may that be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.