Wednesday 19 December 2012

Was there any need?

Last night's episode of "Elementary", the US adaptation of the Sherlock Holmes story contained a blatant and contrived piece of product placement for the Microsoft Surface tablet.

Having previously used desktop PCs and plenty of use of smartphones, when Sherlock wanted to check something on the Internet he reached out and picked up a Surface and related keyboard, snapping them together before clearly demonstrating the flip out prop and ability to use the Surface like a laptop.

This was to me eyes so gratuitous and out of place to scream product placement.

Was there any need? I don't think so and wonder how much Microsoft paid for it? I will be interested to see if it is used again?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.