Tuesday 11 December 2012

Fair play to my Ford Garage

Yesterday I put my car in for annual service with my local Ford dealer. I had bought it part used from the same dealership and taken a two year service plan with it. In truth I did not read all the small print at the time, but new that it would save me money.

Not only did I get an amazingly early call from the garage that all was complete - I am more used to that 4:15 call from garages - when I picked the car up there was NOTHING to pay. Instead I was just given the paperwork and keys and straight out to the car.

Now this may not sound like much, but after thirty years of motoring with new and used cars I am totally familiar with the list of "extras" that get added to the service, eg screen wash, oil disposal fee, etc.

In this case there was nothing, which as both a surprise and a pleasure......a deal which does what it says on the tin!

If I have a small complaint it is that in this client oriented, service culture, the service centre only stays open until 5:30 pm which is rather inconvenient for a commuter like me. I have to leave work early to get there, just in time. 6:30pm would be so much better!

Despite that, as I said.....

Fair Play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.