Wednesday 12 December 2012

A beautiful start to the day.

 
We had a heavy frozen fog last night and when I walked out of my door this meeting I was greeted by rather magical sight. Ice crystals had "grown" on much of my hedge, but most prolifically and stunningly on the points of the holly leaves .

I don't recall seeing anything quite like this before so I grabbed my phone an took a couple of snaps. I am sure that with a better camera I might have achieved a better focus or depth of field, but then I might have missed the moment too.

There were also plenty of ice-encrusted spider's webs so I captured one of the best.


The last photo was of the "ice flowers" based on a set of ivy berries that created by the fog.


As I photographed these, two people (a dogwalker and a driver) stopped to admire and comment on the display. What a way to start the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.