Thursday 15 November 2012

I wasn't worried about Olympic ticketting until.........



..........I saw that the Paul Deighton, Chief Executive of Locog, the London organiser of the Olympic games claimed, under questioning by the London Assembly, that it would be too confusing to provide every piece of data around the sale of Olympic tickets. Now that just sounds patronising and evasive.

Like many others I was frustrated by the ticket allocation process. It seemed tortuous. That said I will be the first to admit that the Games went surpisingly well and it appears that they sold more tickets than they had targetted. In contrast I also know from people who attended how many seats were unfilled at events....even the closing ceremony.

So how hard can the data be? It is just about tickets and most people are smart enough to work things out. I will confess that now my mind is now wondering what is hidden in the numbers? Favouritism, Cock-ups? I want to know; something I didn't at the start of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.