Friday 16 March 2012

Stepping out


Tomorrow I get to experience my 2011 Christmas present from my wife. She struggled to know what to buy....not that I have everything, but I have the things I want. In the end I saw a one-day event about film making and suggested that would be a good gift.

I have done some video editting over the years. We had a pretty early video camera (a big one!) and I did try using the old physical tape-to-tape and blending method; it frustrated the hell out of me and I didn't do much.

More recently I have had a digital camera and use Serif's MoviePlus. It works and works well. I have made a few DVDs of things for friends and even created and loaded a few Youtube pieces. I just wonder what more I could do.

Additionally in my work communication is an important element so I am always looking new ideas and ways to improve my ability to engage with others.

So.....

.....tomorrow I spend a day with who knows who being lectured about storytelling, script writing, production techniques, etc. In truth I have no idea what I will get from it and my expectations are low. In truth I am looking for an interesting day that takes me out of my normal routines or subject matters, let's me mix with new, different and hopefully interesting people. If I take away a couple of ideas or techniques that I can use at home or in work then that will be a real plus. And who knows it may inspire me to make the next 2001: A Space Odyssey - one of my first memories of an epic film.

I suspect I will be one of the oldest there, but we shall see. And even if that is so in physical years I intend to take a young mind with me and stay open to the possibilities that may appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.