Thursday 29 March 2012

A new dawn? The road to 2015?

So, the RFU have appointed Stuart Lancaster as the new permanent head coach for the England rugby team. Given what he achieved in his interim (honeymoon) period, it is not totally surprising, but is something of a gamble.

lancaster's pedigree is not proven, unlike Nick Mallett, who coincidentally is actually English having beennborn not far from me in Hertfordshire. The new RFU CEO has been given plenty of advice in this matter by some very learned people, so o e hopes that all angles have been considered.

I think that the tour to South Africa and next year's Six Nations will give us a better measure of the man and his capabilities, but the unashamed truth is that the real target is the Rugby World Cup in 2015 and that is still a long way off.

As a long time England fan I want to see them lift the Webb Ellis Trophy again. I sincerely hope this is the first step, but I suspect there are more issues to be faced and sorted in e RFU.

One small swallow and all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.