Thursday 18 August 2011

Want an aggressive lawyer?

I have just driven 180 miles on the Florida Turnpike - not the most exciting drive. As my three passengers slept most of the way and the car drove on cruise my interest was kept up by retuning the radio and watching the billboards slip by.
Theses large and relentless, but fell into four main categories plus a few interesting "others".
After those for food/drink/rest stops there were ones for various gambling were probably most numerous. Then came a load for lawyers, particularly accident and bankruptcy. One caught my eye and said "Accident? - find an aggresive lawyer."
In most lines if business the attribute of aggression is not seen as positive,  but maybe here it is?
Then come a load of medical ads offering private care to jump queues and cure specific conditions.
Then came the interesting ones. One asked "Pregnant and alone?" and then just gave a number. I do hope the intent is to do the best for the women, but I did wonder about the adoption angle.
The last that made me smile was for an "adult superstore". It reminded me years ago of a cash and carry sex store in Holland. My imagination is trying to guess what one would be greeted with in either. I somehow doubt I will ever know for sure.

PS. I find it interesting that road sponsorship seems to be the domain on universties. Can you see Oxford sponsoring the M40 or Cambridge the M11 with signs stating the fact every few miles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.