Tuesday 16 August 2011

This is the American holiday, or is it?

In will start by apologising to any American readers who want to tell me that what I will now describe is not not America, but this does capture something real for me and typifies at least my experience in Florida.

The day started with an "all you can eat" buffet, gearing us up for a long day at a theme park. I have to say that compared with many I held back, but I still managed to fuel up well with cooked breakfast and then fresh fruit and orange juice.

As we hit the park and waited in the queue to get in I was assailed by a loud female voice that could only come from New York City, and just to remove any doubt this lady managed to drop some reference to NYC into every second sentence.

Once in the park, in this instance Universal Studios, we enjoyed a roller coaster to ZZTop music, then enjoyed a Blues Brothers rendition and a 1950's rock'n'roller music set that had my daughter hand jiving like a pro.

After a full day we headed out via the Hard Rock cafe and I sat eating a great burger, drinking Sam Adams while surrounded by great memorabilia and listening to Aerosmith, a Michael Jackson megamix, and other great rock music. They also have one cool thing, which is a whole video wall, like one you see on CSI. This had images of items that could be zoomed and "thrown" from one end to the other with a sweep of your hand.

This evening we plan to have a walk a long Downtown Disney and I suspect a large ice-cream will feature somewhere.

The key is the family enjoys it all!

Do you get much more "holiday" than all that?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.