Sunday 14 August 2011

Hooray, the secrets of leadership have been solved!

Today as I drove in Orlando I was the recipient of a revelation - it seems that someone has sussed the $64 million question about what leadership is. Belhaven University here is offering a Master of Science course and degree in leadership; it said so on the huge roadside billboard so it must be true.

A little research on my iPad shows that I have obviously missed this key development. At home in the UK I can gain an MA in Leadership from Anglia Ruskin University! This all seems at odds with the discussions on the subject that seem endless on networks such as Linkedin.

Not only am I interested in what can be taught about leadership in an academic environment, I fear that it could start us down the same sort of road that MBAs. Will we get to the day that one could not stand as a politician without a qualification in leadership? How far could one be promoted in a company without the right initials after your name? And would it improve matters?

Well that is enough brain strain for today, but I wonder what other unusual degrees I can unearth while I am here.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



Location:Orlando, Florida

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.