Tuesday 15 May 2012

More Merde?

In The Times on Monday there was a spoof diary of Francois Hollande's first week as the new French President.

I particularly liked the entry for Thursday was as follows:

Jeudi Also, I must forge le new relationship avec Angela Merkel. She and Sarkozy were very close.
“Ve must haff ze unified position on ze European Fiscal Treaty,” she says, on le telephone. “But first, ve must haff agreement on ze successor for ze term ‘MERKOZY’. Ich bin favouring ‘FRANGELA’.”
Non, I say. For this is making me sound like la femme. Nous must do it avec notre surnames.
“MERDE?” suggests Angela.
 I do like that as it seems prophetic!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.