Thursday 24 May 2012

After the rain comes the sun!!



I was out walking our dog earlier and was struck how much better the world looks with a blue sky and the sun out and warm on my face. I took a moment to look around and just enjoy the vibrancy of the colours and lushness of the vegetation.

It seemed to be exceptionally green and fresh and I realised that this is probably the result of the incredibly wet April that we enjoyed(?) followed by the warm and sunny weather that is now upon us. Only with the combination can the outcome be so good. And only if we are prepared to take the time and open out eyes can we appreciate it.

I have added a couple more photographs from our garden to illustrate how lucky I am to be here and now.

 

Now I just need the weather to stay until the weekend. My wife and I plan to head up to Oxford for the final day of summer rowing on Saturday and the other thing that goes well with sun is a big glass of Pimms! Cheers!! - Pics to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing quite like Eights Week for a relaxing afternoon by the river! One of the reasons I enjoy living in Oxford again after 20-odd years away!

    ReplyDelete

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.