Friday 4 May 2012

Finding myself "on message" with Saatchi & Saatchi

I have just had sight of a new "brochure" from Saatchi & Saatchi. It is intended to promote their services as an advertising agency and I was surprised how much of the copy was familiar, resonating with many things I have been saying in recent times.

There is lots about business facing transformation and the need for creative communication. They state that stewardship and copying what others do is not enough.

I thought though that I would share two pieces that struck home.

"Leaders don't have time for ideas that take time to work. For the simple reason that they don't want the world to run out fo time for them"

I think that the promotion of Evolutionary Project Management and valuable tools such as the Judgement Index fit in with this, offering real benefits at pace.

The other was advice on how to spot a transformational idea when you see one. You should ask
"1. Is a breathtakingly original and simple solution to 'The Challenge'?
 2.Does it simplify choice amid confusion and complexity?
 3.Does it redefine the competitive territory?
 4. Doe sit work for your people, as well as for your brand?
 5. Does it relegate the opposition?"

I have often talked of similicity and elegance in change as well as the importance of our people, so it seems that I am currently "on message". It is encouraging that others share my concerns about the present and vision for the future. I really hope that we can make the differences that are needed to guide our people, organisations and culture out of its current malaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.