Monday 1 July 2013

A Somewhat Surreal Evening

After a full weekend, I found myself at the Royal Albert Hall for a Jethro Tull concert. Ian Anderson has always been a bit different so I wasn't sure what to expect,

In the end we received a evening go progressive rock during which he/they played two complete albums, Thick As A Brick and Thick As A Brick 2. Along with Ian's trademark flute playing (and lots of standing on one leg ...... Not too shabby for a man of his age) we also enjoyed(?) an accordian, multiple appearances of a frogman in full scuba gear, plenty of mime and lastly Marc Almond as a guest vocalist.

During the encore we saw Marc singing Locomotive Breath - I didn't see that one coming!

It was odd.....a rock concert where no one stood up until the end and I would say the majority of the audience - maybe 70%+ - were male. And probably 80%+ were over 45.

As I said somewhat surreal.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.