Thursday 18 July 2013

7 minutes of infamy!!!

Well at long last I received the DVD of my standup comedy showcase. I am not sure why, but I was nervous about looking at it. My memory of the actual event is something of a grey, ill-defined silent movie so I was interested to see if anyone actually laughed?

Well the answer is taht some did, but maybe not that much. I would like to blame the sound recording for missing the laughs and I think that there may well be an element of that, but in then I recalled the context. I was the first act up. The audience was sober. And I was new.

All in all the video proves that I actually did it and I didn't die! It does however confirm that I should not (and indeed will not) give up the day job.

So now I have positioned it here is the video itself.


By way of contrast within minutes of receiving the video I received an email about the lecturing I did to the class of Chinese HR Directors at the Henley Management College. In that I was informed that the feedback on my session (three hours with simulataneous translation!) was 96%. That sounds pretty good to me.

I am not sure what to take from these two pieces. Is that I should focus on the lecturing and forget the comedy..........or..........maybe I should try standup comedy with a translator in tow and a chinese audience?

Anywhat it has certainly been a interesting couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.