Monday 10 September 2012

Yes.......I have started, but.....

I am not as far as I thought I would be. Of course I have reasons in that my wife was away all week and we have house guests ie the in-laws. I have had to work, keep house and look after daughter and dog.

That said I have started. I reviewed the outline and decided it was good enough for now (no needless tweaking in search of perfection) and then faced with question where to start? Parts of me still wante do take what I already have and start fitting it in - the low hanging fruit, if you like. That said I quickly saw the risk of slipping back to old habits.

Instead I decided that having used the "question" approach to outlining ie each chapter heading is a question that needs answering for the reader and then structuring them in a way that made sense, I actually had my answer already. As Maria would say on The Sound of Music, let's start at the very beginning!

That is what I did and started helping the reader understand what they have got themselves into by agreeing (or by being appointed) to be sponsor. That is helping the reader understand how reading to book will help them.

I have made a good (my assessment) start to this and will continue with it. My plan would like to think I would be further ahead, but this feels like the right way. Estimates are just that and as I do more I will get better at my planning. For now the main things is that I feel I am on he right path and keeping this blog is keeping me honest.

I am thinking that I will post the first chapter here when finished and see what feedback it might receive.

Ah well, back to the real work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.