Tuesday 11 September 2012

Lest we forget - I am embarrassed to admit.....

.....that I have only just realised that this is 9/11! Actually it is the 11th anniversary and I wonder if ten years was a watershed.

How time moves on. In this case it cannot heal, such was the devastation, but maybe we are learning to live with it better? Of course during the Paralympics we heard a lot about out our 7/7, but actually in quite a positive way as victims and other disabled people celebrated what was possible more than recounting what was lost.

The World Trade Centre Tragedy was on another scale entirely and many families will be scarred for generations. We must not forget, but maybe we can move on better now; maybe my late realisation of the significance of this day shows that indeed we are?

Lest we forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.