Tuesday 18 September 2012

Slow Progress

Well, I said I would be honest and I did set this blog up to aid self-governance, so I gave to confess to slow progress. I have been writing the first part, true to the outline, but ave not completed it.

A large part is down to a lack of application in that I have found it hard to find time for it I the last week or so. That is slightly circumstantial, but I do need to think hard about how and when to devote attention.

The other part is that even when I apply myself, I don't produce as much as I expected. Now this may be because I am an inexperienced writer, but also shows an optimistic outlook when I set out.

The reality check is that this will take more time than originally estimated making a year end production unlikely. As I compose this blog, the idea of creating a serial set of pieces (as opposed to a magnum opus) crosses my mind and merits further thought. The outline would still work and I probably could compile a complete book at the end. On the plus side it would build momentum and garner early feedback.

I do need to think about that further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.