Thursday 23 August 2012

Keep me honest.........and compartmentalised!

I have talked before about personal branding and the fact that I have been using IanJSutherland / Ian J Sutherland. As part of that I made reference to taking the IanJSutherland Blogspot and wondering if I should roll this blog into it.

Well I am glad I did not as I have a new use for it AND I do like the wide terms of reference I have for this blog and the eclectic posts it generates. With over 20,000 page views now it would be a shame to lose it.

So, what to use ianjsutherland.blogspot.com for? Well I have decided that I will use it for the coming months for a little self-governance over my plans to write and distribute a book. They do say we all have one book in us; mine has still to escape.

I plan to post at least once a weekend sharing my thinking and experiences around this endeavour. This discipline should keep me honest and encourage me to walk my own talk regarding project management etc.

My current thinking is to publish in January. I have no idea whether this is possible, but I intend to be more structured about planning the work this time and will amend expectations if necessary.

If you should decide to follow this it will help keep me honest and focused. The first post  is already up there!

This solution gives purpose to that blog and leave this to develop as it will with a slightly Brownian path (look up Brownian Motion!).

Please do help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.