Friday 10 August 2012

6 rings - a poignant legacy


This picture was taken the other day in London by the son of my wife's friends. He had just been been to the Olympics on the way home when he caught this moment. For anyone who may not recognise it, these are the Olympic rings that have been slung from the high walkway of Tower Bridge in London.

I do think it is a great opportunistic picture, but it is made all the more poignant by the fact that not long after her dropped dead in the street, totally unexpectedly.

There is not much you can say when these things happen, but I am glad that he had enjoyed an evening at a great British event and has left an iconic image among the many memories his family and friends can treasure.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.