Wednesday 12 October 2011

Scary Symmetry

Original Picture (straightened)
My daughter has plans to act and in support of that we have agreed for her to go on the books of an agency - one linked with her school.

In order that she can be put up for jobs she needed a head and shoulder shot so on Saturday we took her to the photographer. The picture on the left is the one that has been chosen as her "image" in the online catalogue. I love the eyes, but would have liked at least a little smile, but one has to trust the judgement of professionals.

I was curious about the picture, having seen how people often have two different sides to them, so have just played a little and thought I would share it here.

I took the photograph as delivered and straightened it using Picassa. I then used a couple of pieces of software I have to split it down the middle and create two images.

Picture split down the middle of her face.


I then took each side copied it and inverted the copy to create two new images, one of her left side and its mirror and another of the right side and its mirror.

Left side and mirror image joined as one
Right side and mirror image joined as one

I was then struck that she looked pretty much the same in each other that the obvious hair element.

I then took each picture gave it a 50% transparency and overlaid one with the other (see below)

Left and Right overlaid with 50% transparency.


It is spooky how well the two matched, even the eyebrows! She must have an almost symmetrical face! I wonder how common that is?

I guess now we will see if that look is in demand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.