Sunday 30 October 2011

....as a practising millionaire....

My daughter made me laugh out loud yesterday. At 16 1/2 she has just secured her first part-time job, working at a local garden centre. She went off to interview quite nonchalantly so I was interested what sort of questions she was asked.

Picking her up yesterday after she had slept at a friends I took the chance to enquirer how the interview had gone.

She told me she was asked what she wanted to do at university, to which she answered, "English and drama". She was then told that she would like the questions as they has been set by a psychologist friend of the interviewer.

The first was about what she thought of people who had good fortune? This was when she creased me up. She sincerely and genuinely said, "Well, as a practising psychologist I knew what the questions were getting at".

This was from the girl who has completed just six weeks of her psychology A-level. When I laughed and questioned her positioning as a practitioner, she said that was what her teacher kept telling the class.

I guess this is how we build confidence in our youngsters and it is no bad thing as long as it has a balance and does not create unachievable expectations.

In this instance my daughter smiled and was able to laugh at m challenge in a friendly and positive way. It will be interesting to see where psychology features in her future.

Meantime I am wondering how best to engender these words from my own mouth, ".......as a practising millionaire....."




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.