Monday 31 January 2011

Gravitas - the holy grail?

In reviewing the site statistics for this blog I am still amazed at the diversity of visitors. I cannot see who and I can see where the link is coming from. A lot come from Linkedin, which is not surprising at all, but an increasing number are coming from search engines, primarily Google, but not exclusively.

What is more interesting is that most of the search engine hits seem to come from searches about gravitas and how to develop it. In part this is because my blog entry on gravitas seems to have made onto the first page of results in many cases, but I find it interesting that there are so many seekers of gravitas.

I do know that it in my life it has been a common employee appraisal point when trying to explain why someone has not progressed as they would wish to. I wouldn't mind a pound for each time someone is told they haven't got the required gravitas or indeed they need to develop gravitas for the next promotion.

Unfortunately that is usually where the advice stops and the would-be success is left wondering what  to do?

So now I am wondering if there is something that could be done to help this? I see a number of coaches offering advice and I think I will trawl through and see what I can find.

It may well be worth trying to write a paper on this - would anyone be interested? Leave a comment or mail me if you would. Similarly if you have any good advice about gravitas then maybe you would be happy to share it here?

Yet another interesting avenue to explore :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.