Sunday 19 December 2010

Thought for today...

...even the ugliest tree looks beautiful in the snow!!!

We are once again covered by deep snow with all the debates about how Britain doesn't cope with it. Yesterday, here in Hertfordshire I would guess that something like four inches fell in two hours. As a result we aborted a trip out, taking 10 times as long on the return as it took for the outward journey.

Well we got back safe and sound and have since done our good deed by clearing and gritting the path and drive of neighbours - he has Parkinson's and needs to get out to hospital in the morning.

Then this morning we took out Yorkie (in her pink Biba-like jumper) out in the snow. It was up to her belly, but she loved it until ice balls formed in her pads. Even then her tail did not stop wagging. Along the way we bought and drank hot chocolate and coffee - my teenage daughter even came along with a smile!!

We have also had warm afternoons snuggled up with Christmas films on TV and later I will probably make some mulled wine.

Not bad for a "disastrous" weekend, but I do think the opening quote, which came from my wife in the middle of crawling traffic, is the one that will stay with me. It reminds me that it often pays to take a different look at the things you have always seen, they might delight and surprise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.