Thursday 30 October 2014

When Something Catches Your Eye.......

......but you can't explain why.


This is an old bill board that I have repeatedly walked by on my way to and from work. I don't know why, but once I noticed it I found I looked for it each journey. Why does that happen?

It is not pretty. It is not intentional. It is not valued or cared for.

Instead it is the product of neglect and the effect of the weather after much layered use. The tattered edges give a clear indication that there have been many posters placed there over time, but nothing new for some while.

There is a sense of inside out about it all. The wireless icon appear to be sunken in, maybe behind the board, but in truth must have been on one of the later postings.

Likewise the use of an ancient technique of bill posting to advertise the modern communication channel of WiFI seems ironic.

Yesterday I decided to photograph it and post it here as a way of capturing what I saw and felt even if I cannot explain it.

Does anyone else see it as interesting or is it just my messed up mind that was attracted to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.