Friday 13 July 2012

TXTS from India

What follows is simple "cut and paste" of text's received from my daughter on a school trip to India. I have removed the names, but that does not detract from the growing enthusiasm that comes through. I am so glad we managed to get her on this trip as she seems to be getting so much from it!

A better future?



Just landed in mumbai, got to wait 5 hours for next flight. Airport so long and hot, shattered god knows what time it is. Lots of love xxx

On the bus to hostel, only a short flight on a mini plane. So shattered its unreal, off to sleep until 2 then off to a market and dinner and bed till 8 xxxx

Room nice but basic, quite big! So much nicer than I thought, streets are busy and dirty but colourful. Campus is absolutely huge, almost got lost going to breakfast. Market then bed now, up at 5am tomorrow. Xxxxxx

Off to bed, market was hot sweaty and we got harrassed by annoying kids. Everyone was walking in bare feet and there were goats, cows and dogs everywhere, so shattered, up at 5 tomorrow for a long day of sight seeing:) night xxxx

Morning! Got up at quarter to 5 this morning:( just had a 2 hour coach journey and now we are at mcdonals, some people went to the restaurant but I wasn't having curry for breakfast like I'm all for broadening of the mind but that's a bit of a joke. Just had egg mcmuffin 2 hash browns cappacino and an oreo mcflurry, absolutely loving life. Really hot and it will only get hotter:( doing elephants tomo, so going to silk factory and brick building or something, something historical god knows. So one more hour on the bus then we're there. Love to paaaaaps. Peace out xxxx

The message I just sent was at about 4am your time I think but I just realised it didn't send! Oh my god, just went to a palace, all stone so we had to wear bare feet, then it rained and we got soaked and when I mean soaked I am drenched. Then we got swarmed by children stealing all the pencils was so funny. Classic! On way to mohannas own village, then gardens then dinner. Xxxx

Omg just been to a village, really need to cut back texting you lol. But thought I had to, just went to mr mohanna's old village (oh wait earlier I had a ride on some truck pulled by cows was scary but so fun) anyways we got SWARMED by children they were everywhere there is the funniest picture of me with my arms up and the whole of the village kids behind me its hillarious. We walked through mohannah's old house where cows sleep next to them! They made us sit on rugs and stuff and made us eat stuff like sweet potatoe which was disgusting but did it to be polite haha off to some palace so getting home late:( and I'm soaked bad times. Much love xxxx

Morning, just been at the zoo all day, had a safari trip where we saw lions tigers bears warthog buffallo that kind of thing, then went to zoo and saw all the animals (including free roaming monkeys which jumped on rob) SO cute there were babies too! And omg biggest thing, didn't get to ride elephants because indias version of rspcc said they had to be treated right, anyways there was a baby elephant (still giant and bigger than me) we named it nelly even though it was a boy but hey, I got to stroke it and hug it, was massive! Its trunk was all over me, its skin was so hard but it had black wirey hair all over it was amazing, everyone took loads of photos, my cameras got really bad quality pictures and it runs out of battery all the time so I'm missing out on everything so I've only got 3 pictures since we've been here. What a joke. About to look at a tree for an hour, have lunch, mass then home. So funny xxxxx getting all aggs because there were groups of boys perving on us girls staring and saying nice figure and taking pictures of our legs C-L-assic. Anyways, off to a posh school tomorrow, looking forward to that, still over excited about my elephant experience! Boiling here absolutely roasting but having fun. Lots of love (to ma pops she say I no like monkeys biting my friends ellen) xxxxxxxxx

Its half 6 here, on the wya home now have dinner then bed. Went to posh school this morn, 4000 india boys outside for registration full choir and band, big ceremony for us, woman on a podium with mic said our names and we walked up and she put flowers round our neck and we got stared at wherever we went. Went to sociology and maths lessons (so boring) classes are massive. Then we watched basketball against us and them was fun. Had breakfast+lunch there in massive conference room. Just been shopping in busy town, got a few bits, going shopping tomorrow so will look for some jewellery. Just waited 50 minutes for coach that broke down! So shattered and tired, another school tomorrow but its a poor one. Tummy fine, xxxxxxxx says he's so surprised no ones got the shits but I haven't eaten any meat apart from the odd bit here and there and a chicken burger but that was mcdonalds so it should be okay. Err that's all for now, SO excited for hena next sat! Gunna cover myself lol anyways peace out xxxxxxxx (love to pops) xxxxxxxxxx

Wassup. 10 past 1 here on coach to lunch in some resturant. Just come from average school but still poor (thursday and fri are the schools that have NOTHING) was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Classrooms were so tiny and they were SO small, all singing and clapping in indian it was so amazing. Saw the head teacher who had made puzzles and things out of matchboxes because he's got no resources its so sweet he was lovely. I'm so hot and sweaty, they latched on to us and didn't let go, after they read/danced/sung it was so cute then we did the okie kokie and head shoulders knees and toes. Gave out loads of pens/sweets/teddies and their faces lit up was SO cute. Then they said 'so come back tomorrow' :'(:'(:'( amazing though. Off to shopping again after lunch then home for early night bout 7. tell dad ipod batt has only just run out and I've been using it on the flight and ever single day since!! Shame I haven't got any photos:( other people do though so its fine Xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning. Just went to 'average' school even though it was ridiculously rich with computers and cinemas. We sung o beate edmundi to them and they sang their school prayer! Was so cute they were so tiny. Off to kebab restaurant for lunch then possible art gallery then shopping and home! Short day today, so far 2 are down with the sh*ts, getting quite scared it might wipe us out but we're going strong so fingers crossed! Lots of love xxxxx sent that text early this morn but I attached a picture and it still hasn't sent so god knows when you will get it! Just been to an art gallery, I thought it was amazing but everyone took the mick and hated it but anyways. Off to shopping now. Xxxxxx

Hey. On train home. Basically my longest day today, woke up at 5:45 had breakky, then was a bit late because xxxxxx wanted to take her time after yday so we went in xxxxxxx's car! Went on train was SO fun typical indian train hot sweaty, packed people selling you things but mohanna let us lean out the edge but holding on it was SO fun!! We were going proper fast. Anyway then omg, we got on a tuk tuk was the most fun thing ever!!! They are so tiny and you have to hold on because they are bumpy but they played indian music so loud and we were dancing all the way, and on the way back to the station we sat at the back so our legs hung over was amaze. THEN probs the most emosh day of my life, don't think I've ever cried so much. We went to a really poor school, all the kids lined up and we gave them pencils rubbers chocolate and toys, and I saw 2 kids with my toys and that set me off lol then I made everyone else cry too, was jokes looking back. My friend also got to hold a brand new bubba really dark too! Cutest thing ever, then we walked round the village holding their hands and skipping and what not, was hard to communicate because they don't speak english but anyways. We went to a temple and they played instruments (typically indian) and I was dancing it the center!! Banter!! SO warn out, I held three children at once! Was the most amazing day ever, friends have loads of pics. They put up a plaque saying donated by steds like the desks and roof and stuff was so cool. Tuk tuk ride back was soooo fun with mr xxxxxx absolute joker and 'miss xxxxx' was showing me her dance moves C-L-assic. On train back now will take 2 hours then off to KFC for dinner only because its such a long day and we won't have time for tradish indian meal. Most amazing day so far! Tell dad I said thanks for the text having an amazing time!:) peace and love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Morning, really short day today, visited some random school 3 hours away in the rocky hillside, gave them usual bits and served their lunch was cute! Then we get the news that a boy who was meant to be on the trip- his dad died in a car crash on the way to get a kidney transplant because he was dying already how sad. We all said a prayer. Moving on errr just stopped off and watched some old men making pots and what not out of clay by turning the wheel himself, but there was a sheep that sounded like a human which was even better lol. Hopefully be able to shop when we get back but not sure..otherwise no one it getting a gift lol. So that's it! Off to some tribes tomorrow then dressing up for prize giving and henna then home sunday! Peace out xxxxxxxxxx

{more to come}

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.