Wednesday 9 November 2011

Make it good, make it last.

Having recently blogged about epitaphs, I heard Jimmy Saville's today, the one that will adorn his gravestone - "It was good while it lasted." He penned it himself.

I think one can take inspiration from this, but maybe rephrase it along these lines, "Make it good, make it last."

Postscript: With the revelations about the true Jimmy Saville I have considered erasing this blog entry, as others are erasing his memory by removing plaques, honours, etc., but have decided not to. While one could look for a different, less attractive, interpretation to his epitaph I think the sentiment is not bad and there is nothing I have said that endorses or condones any of the horrific this he appears to have done.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.