Wednesday 30 January 2013

LinkedIn - A new venue for scammers?

Well I guess it had to happen; I received my first scamme mail on LinkedIn. The text is shown below.

To a degree I allowed it by accepting an invitation from someone I didn't know,but then the value of networking is when you step out of your usual circles so I am always ready to consider invitations. This one will now be deleted!

Good morning Dear,

It's my pleasure to communicate with you as i have gone through your profile as a member of LINKEDIN.COM, with hope it will please you to hear from me, I am Sharon K. Williams the only child to late Mr. Leonel Williams, I am presently in England studding International Affairs. I want to solicit your attention to help me receive my inheritance from my late father on my behalf. I know you can be trusted and also my spirit accepts you.

The bank just called me this morning for immediate responds as the funds are due to be released to me which was on a fixed deposit, and if I did not act now to receive them it might turn into a story, So I am using this opportunity to ask you of this, and I know you can help me receive it and keep it safe as I will be rounding up from school before the end of next month. Get back to me for more details.

Sharon.


I particularly like the idea of "studding" in England and indeed it may well be possible for "Sharon" who is probably a bloke anyway.

I of course am rushing to help this damsel in distress so no one else need bother! Not!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.