Thursday 18 October 2012

Two stunning stories.....

....one I hope comes true, but the other not.

Our local Spitfire
I was reading the paper late today and came across two stories. The first is the hope that, buried in Burma, is a collection (60?) mint-condition, crated Spitfires. These were shipped from the UK, unused and left after WWII.

There is a privately owned Spitfire that flies near us and is fabulous to behold. Bringing another 60 Spitfires back into flying condition would be wonderful. I hope that in comes true, at least in part.

The second was news that British Police to Greece looking for Ben Needham, 21 years after he disappeared. Ben was a 21 month old boy who disappeared while on holiday. The suggestion now is that he was accidentally buried under builder's rubble in the field next to where he was staying. A team is breaking new ground in many ways, including establishing a British crime scene in a foreign country, looking for human remains.

While finding evidence would bring closure, I am not sure how one could live with the knowledge that your baby boy died having been accidentally buried. I hope this one does not come true.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.