Friday 29 October 2010

It says it all!

Over the years my friends will know that I have often made reference to chivalry and how I feel my values align to it - this was without ever really defining what "it" is. Well the other day I was half watching TV when the script of an advert grabbed my attention and set up a strong resonance.

The product in question is Chivas Regal. This is quite apt given my enjoyment of whisky. The full advert can be watched here ( http://www.chivas.com/en/INT/Campaigns/?item=0&length=L ) where you will get the full experience. However I have transcribed the vocal element below:-

   Everyone out for themselves
   Can this really be the only way?
   No, here is to honour, and to gallantry, long may it live.
   Here's to doing the right thing, to giving a damn
   Here's to the straight talkers who give their word and keep it
   Here's to freedom, wherever you find it
   And to know the true meaning of wealth
   Here's to the brave among us
   Here's to a code of behaviour that sets certain men apart from all others
   Here's to us
   Live with Chivalry

I am not sure I could say it any better. Now I have this I will keep it close!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If something I have said has made you think, angry or simply feel confused, please to leave comment and let me know.